Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Game Journalism Day 5

HOW TO PLAY THE GAME:
Use WASD to walk, the mouse to move the camera, Shift to run, Ctrl to crouch, the numbers to equip items, F to open inventory, SPACE to open a different type of inventory, and left-click on Mouse to interact with objects. Your goal is to make it to the lighthouse before seven days pass. You must be able to balance between eating, drinking, sleeping, and staying warm. This game has a very high difficulty curve and you'll die a lot the first times you play it. You'll have to learn from your mistakes to beat this game.
After 1 Hour of Starting Over:
I started off collecting everything I could in the cabin. This is what I got:








I then ran to the right where I found "Max's Last Stand." There was a dead body right below a tree. I then ran straight/left to the destroyed cabin to see if there was a Hatchet. There wasn't. Then I ran out of the back of the cabin where I ran into the tracks. Then I crossed the tracks where I entered another cabin for a bit, since it had a lot, like clothing and newspaper stacks.

Once I left the cabin, I went back to the tracks where I then followed them to the right. Shortly after, I ran into a crashed train. I went in one of the storage compartments and found a dead body inside it. Once I left it, I got attacked by a wolf. Since I didn't want this to happen, I just quit the game, which caused the whole computer to freeze, so I had to shut it off.

When I got back on the game, I had to grab everything from the third cabin again. When I left, I went back to the train and ran from the wolf as fast as I could, going up a hill quite a bit to avoid it, but apparently if a wolf catches eye of you, there's no way to escape it. While trying to escape it, I found a little rock person, and a dead end. The wolf attacked me, but I was able to make it out just fine with one scat that I healed almost immediately. The wolf died shortly after. 
I then continued to continue down the tracks where I discovered another train, but this one had a door. It then started getting dark, so I slept. By the time I woke up, it was pitch black, so I just continued down the tracks with a lit flare in my hand. This had been the farthest I had ever gotten in this game and I was only going to get further. I then found a bridge and continued on it.

Right after the bridge, I found a trailer, so i got in so I could sleep without worry of dieing. When the sun rose back up, I left to find a broken car and another trailer there as well. On the other side of the tracks, there was a building. When I went inside of it, I learned it was a dam. The building was so big and had multiple rooms and floors. I got a bunch of goodies from exploring it. I then left the building and ended playing. My hour was up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Exit Interview

Which assignments did you enjoy and why? I think the shorter question would be " Which DIDN'T you enjoy." I enjoyed everyth...