Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Game Journalism Day 2

At the start of day 2, I tried to prepare myself much more than last time. This time, I heated up a bunch of water, so I wouldn't die of thirst. I also tried to explore more, instead of staying near the cabin you start off at. What I found was pretty cool. I started off by going back to the same run down cabin where I got the hatchet last time, but there was none this time. I ran a bit more and found some frozen bodies. I didn't find much on them, except a new shirt and hood. I then found a hunting stand with some dog food in it.
This is also where I learned how to make my own fire. By holding down SPACE, a bunch of options will pop up. Choose the campfire one, and you'll make a campfire. This is also where you find your portable bed. Lucky for me, I got pretty lucky with lighting campfires today, only failing about 2 times. I also found a magnifying glass at the beginning of the game, which can be used to light fire, but I haven't been able to use it yet. When it shows I could use it, the Light Fire button doesn't show up. Maybe there wasn't enough sun to use it. I also learned that you can refuel fire, so it lasts longer and so you don't have to keep using matches to light it up.
I then left to explore more and eventually found a run down log train, fallen apart and everything. I followed the tracks, which led me to a new area! There wasn't much for me to take here.
I actually Had to sleep for a bit after discovering this. When I woke up, I found wolves near by and had to run away from them. Here's some tips: When done using a fire, take the charcoal from it. I don't know what it does yet, but I might need it. Also make sure to pick back up your bed once done using it.  After following the tracks some more, I found a large frozen lake with another crashed train on it. I found multiple items at this crash, like clothing, bandages, and scrap metal. I then got kicked off the game, along with everyone else in the class to write this. I'm excited to play more of this tomorrow and see what else I'm able to discover!
Today, my biggest struggles were staying warm and eating enough. Since you're outside all the time, you get cold FAST, so you have to constantly light fires, which barely warm you up if you're not inside. For food, I just don't have much. I have a rifle, but have yet to use it, since i have terrible aim and a limited amount of bullets. It also gets dark constantly in this game and when it does, it's nearly impossible to see anything. I hope i can find out how to solve these problems tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exit Interview

Which assignments did you enjoy and why? I think the shorter question would be " Which DIDN'T you enjoy." I enjoyed everyth...